P2 Coupe from bucharest -Romania

P2 Coupe from bucharest -Romania

Hello ,

My name is George-Bogdan and i am from Romania -Bucharest . that is in the eastern part of europe , very close to Danube and the Delta of Danube , the place where the Danube goes in the Black Sea .

I am the owner of Rekord P2 coupe (1963 i think ) , unfortunately it is in a poor shape , meaning that is very rusted .

now one picture with car two years ago when i bought it .

P.S. I am teribly sorry for writing in english , unfortunately i don't know german at all , i hope the users here will understand my problem .
      P2 coupe Romania

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von „George-Bogdan“ ()

hello el cantador ,

for understanding german i use "google translate" , probably speaking here with you i will start learning german .

Two years ago i paid for this coupe 250 euro . No significant improvement to the car was done , in this two years i tried to find the parts needed to have a full original car .

a first step was to buy with one friend of mine ( also a P2 owner ) a P2 coach for spare parts . the car was very rusted also , so we took what is was still good .

these parts are : windshield , engine , brakes , electrical parts , front grill , emblems , badges etc .
      P2 coupe Romania

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von „George-Bogdan“ ()

a very interesting pair of red (rear ) "lights" resulted from the rusted coach : these are BALDAUF G05014 (first picture)

in the second picture you can see some parts given me my best friend Andrei ( the P2 owner mentioned above ) . You can look at his cars at clubopel.com/viewtopic.php?t=1…s=0&postorder=asc&start=0
      , he has three P2 ( one four-door and two coaches ) , also two rekord C and one beatifull russian car Volga M21 .

in the 3rd and 4th picture you can see a book bought from ebay.de , is a very nice book for all rekords until '63 ( unfortunately for me in german too ..)
      P2 coupe Romania

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von „George-Bogdan“ ()

in the below pictures you can see the original rekord P2 fly which was also a gift from Andrei .

Picture number 4 is the original registration number ( 6 B 837 , B comes from Bucharest ) from the early '70 when the car was imported as a used vehicle in my country .

The coupe was owned by a mechanical engineer from the early '70 till 2005 when he died , and in 2006 i bought it from his wife . After he retired ( in the '80es or '90es ) his occupation was beekeeping , he and his wife were beekeepers . His wife remembered how they were transporting with this car thousands kilograms of honey ...
      P2 coupe Romania
      very welcome to our small community!
      great to see, that the good old opel cars were kept alive and restored in eastern europe!

i heard about a romanian opel driver/owner who buyed some spareparts. maybe are you or your friend the buyer!

@Peins!!! Kundschaft! ;)
      gruß, Jerry.

remember the times when sex was safe and racing dangerous

OPEL 1200 Das wirtschaftliche Vollautomobil

31515 Wunstorf
      Opel 1200 (1,5l, 55PS, 4-Gang, AHK, EZ 3/60)
      Rekord P1 (1,5l, 45PS, 3-Gang, Faltdach, EZ 5/58)
      thank you all !

now let's continue with the story . in this spring i bought from another P2 very very very rusted ( it was a coupe very modified ) some parts .these parts are :

- speedometer with 160km/hour ( i have a normal one with 140 )
      - lateral rear pop-up windows , one lateral door window and the pair of aluminum frames for the front doors
      - some small spare parts like bearings , diferent rubber parts etc .
      - the front and rear shock absorbers for Andrei's P2 sedan.
      - four nice chromed wheel hubs and wheel rings .
      - the pair of original keys " made in Canada "
      - the carburetor is on his way to come to me .

unfortunately at that time i didn't knew much of opel but looking at the picture now there are still some good parts i should have taken . it is a rumor that the car had a olymat clutch , it is too late to know if it is true or not , the car doesn't exist anymore .
      P2 coupe Romania

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von „George-Bogdan“ ()

in the past days i also bought some parts from another P2 coach which is on his way for recicling .

these parts are :
      - the original electric generator Bosch and it's relay
      - original carburetor and another one for spare parts
      - the air filter for summer ( it is small an completely metalic )
      - some "rekord" badges for rear fenders
      - all the aluminim lateral strips
      - original keyring
      - the Bosch distributor
      - the master cilinder for brakes
      - the Bosch starter
      - original fuel pump
      - the steering wheel cromed ring for horn
      - the Kientzle clock
      - one lateral turn signal
      - pair of original headlamp's mirrors and one tail lamp
      - lots of small parts , screws , nuts , etc

- it still remains to take the whole engine and some other small parts in the next weeks .

For being a complete original car i still need :
      - the "bosch" glasses for the headlamps ( i hope i will bribe Andrei to give a pair )
      - the rear white tail lamps specific for coupe ( the ones that come beneath the 2 red tail lights )
      - original coupe windshield
      - the specific coupe aluminum strip for the rear glass rubber seal .
      - The original "rekord-coupe" emblem that comes in the trunk . If anybody can give me some links where i can buy it or other parts i need i will be very gratefull

1st photo - the latest coach find for parts
      2nd photo - the original keyring find on it and the 'montreal-canada" keys find on the above very modified coupe
      3rd photo . The original code colour find on this latest coach .
      4th and 5th pictures : the Bosch generator and the opel carburetor with the "summer" air filter
      P2 coupe Romania

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von „George-Bogdan“ ()

I also need your advice in identifing the production year for this coupe . I do not have the original papers , and in the romanian registration book the year of manufacture is 1964 .

My chassis number is 122460327 , the original colour appear to be white with red top . Can anyone tell based on my chassis number what is the year and month of manufacture ?
      P2 coupe Romania
      Hello,

welcome in this forum, very nice, that someone in romania will restore a P2 coupe, good luck and much power to you!!

Your P2 coupe is a very very late coupe. The P2 was buillt till february 1963 and your coupe seems to be from january or february 1963. It's the latest coupe i have ever heard of. My coupe has the chassisnumber 122449634 and is buillt in december 1962. It's also in a very bad condition, perhabs worse then yours, but I've collected many parts and bought a second coupe for making one car of using two.

You're asking for some parts, here is my advice to find those parts:

Headlamps and white backlamps (they are not specific coupe but you had to pay extra charge to get those lamps on a normal sedan or the caravan) are quite easy to find on ebay.de. The "rekord-coupe"-emblem and the coupe specific strip behind the rearshield are possible to get as new-buillt-parts by Peter R****,************ (sorry, I have no web-adress of him). But they are expencive!

What is hard to find is the coupe-windshield. I'm looking also for one to find, if somebody has to sell one, i would be very intressted in.

I don't believe, that your coupe was buillt with a white body and a red roof, perhabs somebody later changed the colour of the roof. Original there were nine colour-possibilities to get a P2-coupe:
      white body: roof: white, black, blue, green
      silver body: roof: silver, black, blue, green
      red body: roof: black

A coupe with a red body has alltimes a black interior, coupes with a white or a silver body have alltimes the same interior-colour as the roof-colour is except, when the roof has the same colour as the body, you can have black, blue or green as interior-colour.

The names and numbers of the painting-colours:
      white: chamonixwhite 415
      silver: laplatasilver 117
      black: black 200
      blue: bavariablue 210
      red: rubin 505
      green: untill may 1962: safarigreen 315
      after may 1962: ozeangreen 317

I hope you can use some of my information.
      Best regards

Stephan

*edit*
      Adressen bitte nicht öffentlich in den Thread schreiben!
      bitte per PN oder mail austauschen!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Rattnakk“ ()

Thank you Stephan for your information !

well , let's say that in romania exist another two P2 coupe , both of them in Brasov city , one is blue with with white top (3'rd and 4th picture) and the other is black with some flames on it which is in restoration , if i find a picture i'll add it here .

here are some photos of my interior , in the first photo left side you can see the interior of the very modified coupe which does not exist anymore , while in the right side the interior found on my coupe , it doesn't look like the original .
      in the second photo there is my driver seat , so the combination was white plus black .

For the coupe windshield i want to use a sedan-one and to correct it at a specialized workshop . i hope they will do it , if yes i will let you know .

best regards , george .

P.S. I added some photos in the above posts , one with the colour code for the latest coach find for parts , and the other with original opel keyring and original "canada-montreal" keys
      P2 coupe Romania

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von „George-Bogdan“ ()

Hello George,

the right doorpanel on the first foto is absolut original. The left one is of the design, opel used untill june 1962, the right one is of the design from june 1962 till february 1963. So this is the correct one for your car.

The P2-coupe with the flames on the sides, I've seen it one time in the internet when I looked after P2-coupe in google-pictures. I hope it becomes original again.

When you will take a sedan-windshield and cut it a litte, I think you can only take a laminated one because a sekurit-windshield will be broken.

Best regard

Stephan

@ adminestrator: sorry, habe nicht dran gedacht, hier keine Namen/Adressen/usw. reinzuschreiben.
      thanks again stephan !

so for the coupe interior there were no aluminum strips on the interior but just those plastic thermal-joined strips ? when i will redo the interior i shouldn't use these aluminum detachable strips ?

here is another difference found :
      in 1 st picture there are two rear fender "rekord" badges . one is from my coupe and has only four pins ( and only four holes on the fender ) , and the other comes from a coach and has eight pins .

another problem of mine is whether i should use or not the flags that come on the rear fenders . i didn't find yet any hole on my fender , in the original fly is appears that the coupe did not had those flags .

also i have three types of gas cap ( second picture ) , the other 2 look unoriginal items but anyhow i will search and photo them . Did you know how it should look an original one ?

in teh 3rd photo is what i need for my coupe , so not all the strip below the rearshield but just the connection part and also the strip that comes on the rubber seal of the rearshield ( can i manufacture it from a sedan one ? , if yes i still need the corner connection parts which have a different angle that in sedan's case )

George
      P2 coupe Romania

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von „George-Bogdan“ ()

Hello and thank you for the nice Pictures of the P2`2 !

Hard to see the Cars on the Junkjard ( Schrottplatz ? ) . I dont`t now any P2 here at the Junkjard .

I hope your Car is fast back on the Road ....
      Rücksichtsvolles Fahren ehrt den Opelfahrer !

Fahrzeuge : Rekord P2 , Rekord B , Kadett C ...
      hello Piff ,

there are other P2's in romania but i don't have photos , but there are more than the ones posted here .

My coupe's restauration will start in the coming spring , i hope that until then i will get the other parts needed listed above ( plus the side underneath doors strips and a better trunk hood ) . i also have a dream in finding a rusted P1 or P2 with original Olymat parts , i hope the dream will come true one day .
      The restauration will start with the chassis : welding , refurbushing , eliminating rust, new paint etc . then the mechanical part and in the final stage electrical system and interior . Also e very important thing will be at the refurbishing the exterior aluminum strips and emblems .

I hope that this restauration should not take more than two years so in spring 2011 she should be back on the road at 48 years old ...
      P2 coupe Romania