Wollte: Dringend brauchen 1962 Opel Rekord Pleuelstange (Kolben mit der Kurbelwelle)

Dear Kurt,
      it would be helpfull if you could manage to upload an image of the desired part. Unfortunately the translation is not pretty clear. If you're not familiar with the picture upload please post a link to e.g. dropbox.
      And last but not least, you've found exactly the right community for this issue. As soon as we know exactly what you need, we will try to help you out.
      Best regards
      Tobias
      Fahrzeug: Rekord P2, EZ 04/63, 1700 ccm
      Hey Kurt,
      great to know that even in the States are Opel fans with a heart for small european cars! Don't hesitate to write in english, our community will try to help. If anywhere is a part to sell that you need, we'll figure it out.
      First of all we need to know exactly what you are looking for. Is it the "Pleuelstange" (connecting rod) and/or the "Kurbelwelle" (crankshaft) and/or the "Kolben" (piston)?
      There are two "Pleuelstange" for the P2-1,7-engine:
      Part No. 6 22 606 (0,2 mm oversized) or part No. 6 22 653 (0,4 mm oversized).
      The part No. of the "Kurbelwelle" is 6 14 015.
      For the "Kolben" are several part No. due to the diameter (normal or oversized).
      Please let us know what you are looking for, maybe someone of our forum has something in stock or knows where to get it from!
      Best wishes and good luck!
      Grüße aus dem Sauerland von Frankie, dem Lennecruiser!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Fahrzeug: Olympia Rekord P1, EZ 02/60, 1700 ccm
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      MOTTO: "LEBE SO, DASS SICH DEINE FREUNDE LANGWEILEN, WENN DU TOT BIST!"
      Thank you all for your patience. I have many Opels, all running except for the Rekord.

I need a set of connecting rods for my 1962 P2 Olympia Rekord Coupe, 1.7 liter, just like Harzhopper's picture. "Oversize" means larger journal width?

I'm also looking into having my rods reconditioned, but #1 rod is damaged and may not be salvagable. The previous owner installed a main bearing incorrectly and starved the #1 rod. It failed after only ~100 km. It has been in storage for 30-40 years before I bought it.

Good morning Kurt,

welcome here - I am sure the boys above will help you as much as they can - perhaps its possible for you to show us meanwhile some pictures of your other cars?!

Best regards from North germany,

DT
      LK Osnabrück - where the rust never sleeps...

Rekord A ,1700er 4 Gang, 2T Limo, EZ 05/63 Schweden
      Hmmmm, connecting rods are hard to find (as you already know - haha!)...
      I've checked the dealers but they had nothing in their online shops. Maybe if you stay in touch with them they'll keep their eyes open for you?
      Here are some of them:
      Matz-Autoteile, Flensburg, Germany
      Opel Classic Parts, Heerlen, Netherlands
      Altopelhilfe Haslop, Dötlingen, Germany
      Panorama Teile, Lauffen, Germany
      Carsten of Altopelhilfe and Horst of Panoramateile are both members of our community, you can write them here by forum-mail called "Konversationen".

Hi Kurt,

Have we met before - maybe at Carlisle? I spent quite some time in MD, driving a red '59 two-door. Gary Farias has it now.

Anyway, I may be able to hook you up with folks in the US. Do you know Achim Vinson (in NC, I believe) or Roger Barlow (in OK)?
      As your engine is a 1700 it should heve the later style rods. The width changed with the 1960 model. However, to be on the safe side, we need your engine number.

I do have a pile of rods and can send you one or a complete set. Sourcing them in the US might be quicker, however. Let me know. BTW, I do have an U.S. account. Much easier than chasing after international money orders.

best,
      Marcus
      Marcus Schaper aus 16515 Oranienburg, aber oft auch in 31855 Groß Berkel

61er Rekord P2 2TL mit Frisur, 62er Kapitän PL 2,6 Hydramatic, 58er Kapitän 2,5 L, mehrere rekord P1 CarAvane und diverse Baustellen anderer Marken
      Thanks Schaper. I've never been to Carlisle, but a 1975 Ascona A I owned for many years has been there (see pic below).

I will take you up on a set of rods if you have them to spare. My engine # reads *17-0410108*. The journals measure ~1.0571" in width. I can be reached at RadioKang@chartermi.net to arrange a rod purchase if you're willing. Thanks everyone. Opel people are a special bunch, in any country.

Wow! A Coupé! Such a beauty! Thanx for the pic! :daumen1:

:thumbsup: Yeah, but the word "rasende" has a double meaning: on the one hand it means "raging", on the other "speeding". So you own a very rare "Speeding Trunk"! (Beware of the cops!) :engel1:
      In fact the coupé is the most powerful and popular version of the P2, rare and expensive. Some members of our community in the "Rekord P2 Forum" are proud owners of a coupé, too!

Hallo Kurt,
      Congratulations!!!
      Please excuse my bad English. You own a very seldom type of the Opel P2. There were about 33.000 of these P2 Coupes produced. Only about 100 P2 Coupes are still alive.
      Here a photograph of my P2 Coupe
      P1020247 (2).jpg
      At your car there are two parts missing at your headlights in front of called in german "Scheinwerferzierring" i don´t know the word in english. For these parts you should lookin for. I´m shure one of my Colleges know the english word for "Scheinwerferzierring".

Greetings from Southern Germany
      Günther
      - Rekord P2, 2TL, 1700, Bj. 63
      - Rekord P2 Coupe, 1700 S, mit Golde SKD, Bj. 62
      - Rekord A, 4 TL, 1700 mit Golde SKD, Bj. 65

Rekord 63 schrieb:

I´m shure one of my Colleges know the english word for "Scheinwerferzierring".

Günther writes about the missing chrome rings of your headlights.

Hello Kurt, please also excuse my english, i`m also an proud P2-Coupè-owner.
      Wish you good luck by working on your great car.
      The crome rings are not so rar, you will find them here in the forum ore by ebay.
      97650 Fladungen/Rhön - Opel Rekord P2 Coupe 04/1962 und Opel C Kadett Limousine 03/1979 - AOIG #4509
      Das Leben ist hart, aber ein Opel Rekord P 2 ist härter !!!
      Jürgen mit Diana
      :thumbup: :saint:
      Der rechts ist ein Olympia, erkennbar am Scheinwerfer und an der schwarzen Leiste vom Scheinwerfer zum Kotflügel. Von mir auch ein :welcome003: .Übersetzen muß du halt selber.

Gruß Ingo
      Gruß Ingo aus 71083 Herrenberg/Württemberg , Opel Rekord PII Limo L 4 Türig mit Faltdach.