Opel Rekord Coupé 1962 questions

Opel Rekord Coupé 1962 questions

Hello! Im a new guy at this forum. I am from sweden and i really hope that you can help me!

Im trying to rebuild my Rekord Coupé 1962. And now i have some questions about the gearbox...

The Gear shifter have stuck! I cant put in 3 & 4th gear. The Shifter wont go down that far. The 1 and 2 gear works fine... Does someone mayby got some pictures or some other stuff that may help me.

Its a manual 3 & 4 steps manual steeringwheel mounted gear shifter.

I will add a picture of my car so you guys can see what im about to do.

Have a nice day!

hej fredrik!

hjärtlig välkommen på rekord-p2-forum!

you have a really nice car! i like cars in used condition! they do have a very special character!

but i have to tell you, that the boardcrew and -membership really appreciate it, if you give us a 'complete' introduction. who you are, what kind of cars do you have and stuff like this!
      please give us your intro at these point in our board!

i know, the rules of the forum were only in german. so it's nearly impossible to understand them for forreign people! the intro is one of our rules. and if you were a german user, your thread would be locked and kept closed, till you did your intro! :floet002:

you're very welcome at rekord-p2-forum and enjoy it! hope you can see the i put on the pole to show all the neighbours, that we have swedish visitors! :daumen1:

i really hope that someone of the boardmembers can help you with your problem!

tack sa myke!
      Jerry
      gruß, Jerry.

remember the times when sex was safe and racing dangerous

OPEL 1200 Das wirtschaftliche Vollautomobil

31515 Wunstorf
      Opel 1200 (1,5l, 55PS, 4-Gang, AHK, EZ 3/60)
      Rekord P1 (1,5l, 45PS, 3-Gang, Faltdach, EZ 5/58)
      Hi,
      welcome to the board. You got a nice car! Really, I like it. Looks old, have stand a many battles, but not rotten.

I did not read your profile, so I do not know your cars exact birthday. Models before 62 have a slightly different part near the steering-wheel, holding the shifter in place.
      Replacement for the pre-62 models is not easy. Better take of the steering-wheel, remove the first part oft the column, holding the turning-light handling piece, and replace the part fixing the shifter with a part from 62 up. Bearings and all are available very much better.
      Adresses are: Opel classic parts and opel oberé. Hope they speak swedish or english.
      I would be glad to help you, if you cannot contact them. Perhaps you pm me?

By the way, the scandinavian models have been treated to avoid corrision. You should have your car re-waxed, The structure of the body and the frame are very sensitive. The wheels throw dirt into edges of the front fender. Rust is often found. If you want to have fun with your car a longer time you should check all rubbers on doors, windows, trunk, backlights and emblems. Your rims are E-Kadett or Vauxhall Astra. Try to replace them with original ones or Kadett-C aluminium. I don´t know the rules in your country. If you need the dimensions: Holes for the bolts fixing the rim to the drum of the brake: 4 x 100. Rim for itself: 13 x 4 or 13 by 4.5. It would be worth to change the rims.

My Opel is from Sweden, too. But it was in a very bad condition. Brakes were leaking, important parts were missing, but it was allowed officially to drive around. Very disapointing. Take good care of your baby. Listen to it, do not just fix it, repair it. It is a lot of fun driving a P 2, espacially when in good condition. Coupés are not often seen. You got a treasure.

Yours
      Alex

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von „Alex“ ()

Thanks alot Alex! That Opel Classic parts page was very good!!!

I founded on that page the parts that i need for my gear shifter problem!

The rims that is on the car now is BMW rims.. Because the orginal rims had no tires. And now the rims are down in my basement for a paint job.
      Becasue the rims looked teribble.

Have a nice day!