Hello. Rai's P2

Hello. Rai's P2

Hi Opel folks!
      My name is Rai and living in Cyprus. 43year old and working as mechanic.
      Few weeks ago found in bushes green P2 year model 1961. It's 2door saloon, 1.7 engine , 3gear transmission.
      Was sad to see how car has getting one with nature and after few sleepless nights went back there and found owner. Made offer to buy it and owner accepted it. So having now Opel which is 61 years old:)
      Anyway car was running ca 10 years back when was parked there.
      At closer look everything seemed to be in place. Much rust ofgource and much damage in details.
      Right now car is at my garage and taken completely to pieces to see overall damage.
      Sheet metal is rotten but frame and most carrying construction is solid. In few weeks when everything is removed from body will take it to sandblasting . After will decide what to make with.
      I found your forum looking for spares P2. Seems still much available now days but long process.
      Not sure how will go one with. Definitely i like the look so have few options.
      To make it original look as much possible,but use engine, transmission,axles, brakes, suspension from modern Opel. And have like cool daily runner.
      Or make it original. But this case it would take huge amount of money and time.
      Will try to add some pictures. Any ideas welcome.
      Hello Rai, welcome to this forum. Unfortunatly most of the members do not use english language, sorry for this.
      Maybe at first you download spare parts catalog, than you can identify what are you missing and you can ask for this special item. Spare parts catalog also helps to reassemble most parts.
      be successful!
      Gruß
      Johannes
      Hey Rai!
      Thanks for your introduction and welcome to our forum. If you are looking for original spare parts, our dealer list will be helpful for you:

Ersatzteilhändler / Spare part dealers

Good luck, hope your Opel will find it's way back to road!
      Grüße aus dem Sauerland von Frankie, dem Lennecruiser!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Fahrzeug: Olympia Rekord P1, EZ 02/60, 1700 ccm
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      MOTTO: "LEBE SO, DASS SICH DEINE FREUNDE LANGWEILEN, WENN DU TOT BIST!"
      Moin Rai,
      Hey Rai,
      auch ein herzlich Willkommen aus'm Taunus :thumbsup:
      also a warm welcome from the Taunus
      hier wird dir geholfen....
      here you will be helped....
      VG
      Kai-Uwe

:thumbsup:

VG
      Kai Uwe
      Wägelchen:
      Rekord P1 Limosine 06/1960 1.7 55 PS. EX; Alabastergrau-Comograu
      Astra K ST CDTI 01/2019 1.6 136 PS. Tiefseeblaumetallic.
      Hi Rai,

welcome at Rekord P2 Forum.
      Sorry for my english, my last english-lesson was in 1985 and I doesn´t need to use it.

Is there any kind of technical inspection for cars in Cyprus? In Germany it wouldn´t be easy to take the engine, transmission, or axles from a modern car. There are many regulations.

But here too, there is someone who dares to do something like that.
      You might enjoy this:

Rekord A 1963 meets BMW E36
      Schöne Grüße

Dirk
      "Tausi" :wink:

aus Meerbusch am Niederrhein (zwischen Krefeld und Düsseldorf)
      "P2"-Käpt´n seit Studientagen (so sieht er auch aus) und seit Ende 2015 auch Diplo-A-C
      Hello Rai,
      Welcome to this Forum. I can assure here are lots of experts gathered.
      For posting pictures you have reduce their size to less than 1MB.
      Looking forward for some pictures of your Car... I'm sure it is not too bad as Cyprus is an always sunny Island.

Good luck!!!
      mit besten Grüssen vom Maifeld

Bernd
      Hi Rai,
      also a warm welcome from my side to our forum.
      Your project sounds very interesting and I am sure you'll find the right descition between original and daily driver.

it would be great if we could see some some pictures of your car. ... we all like picutres of old cars here ;)

cheers
      Juergen
      Good evening. Thank you guys for such a warm welcome!
      It's much interesting reading and tips in your forum. Have not so much time for internet and not enough experience to make pictures less than 1M..
      Sorry for that. I created one gallery with few pictures, maybe that will work for you to see my P2 progress.
      Not so much happened with but slowly -slowly going forward with.
      It is much rust, and damage but nothing what's not fixable. Having some ideas to make it still Opel. Looking after everything right now, what's available and suitable. Idea is to find front axle with disc brakes and rear axle with springs and disc brakes. 5speed manual transmission or 4speed automatic. Engine 1.6L to 1.8L 16V, NA. Ported head, individual throttle bodys....
      Link for pictures is here... upload.ee/gallery/22205/Rekord_P2_1961.html